Latest Newscasts:KQEDNPR
Player Sponsored By
upper waypoint

Finding ‘(More) Delights’ with Ross Gay

at
Save ArticleSave Article
Failed to save article

Please try again

Gay unearths the profound in his quickly written daily odes, each praising friends, everyday items, natural wonders and personal joys. (Photos courtesy of Ross Gay)

“I’ve completed another year of delights. Or maybe I should say another year of delights has completed me.” So writes poet and author Ross Gay at the end of his new book, “The Book of (More) Delights,” which once again celebrates life’s daily joys, wonders, gifts and surprises, both small and all-defining. As he did in 2019’s New York Times bestseller “The Book of Delights,” Gay unearths the profound in his quickly written daily odes, each praising friends, everyday items, natural wonders and personal joys, like that of turning around before reaching a hike’s summit. We’ll talk with Gay about the pleasure of continuing this project and hear from you: Whether it’s a coworker’s pear tree or a compliment from a friend, what’s one recent delight from your life?

Guests:

Ross Gay, poet; essayist; author, "The Book of (More) Delights" - His previous books include "Inciting Joy," "Catalog of Unabashed Gratitude" and "The Book of Delights"<br />

Sponsored

lower waypoint
next waypoint