upper waypoint

Nancy Pelosi Explains 'The Art of Power'

at
Save ArticleSave Article
Failed to save article

Please try again

We talk to Pelosi about the people and principles that motivate her and why she says managing differences in her caucus is like being "a weaver at the loom." Pelosi's new memoir is "The Art of Power: My Story as America's First Woman Speaker of the House." (Photo Courtesy of Nancy Pelosi)

House Speaker Emerita Nancy Pelosi says that she’s won nearly all the legislative battles that she started — and she characterizes those she hasn’t won simply as “not yet achieved.” Pelosi has exerted her powers of persuasion and negotiation for 37 years as San Francisco’s congressional representative, pushing forward the Affordable Care Act and the Inflation Reduction Act and leveraging behind-the-scenes influence in both Congress and the White House. We talk to Pelosi about the people and principles that motivate her and why she says managing differences in her caucus is like being “a weaver at the loom.” Pelosi’s new memoir is “The Art of Power: My Story as America’s First Woman Speaker of the House.”

Guests:

Nancy Pelosi, Speaker Emerita of the House and U.S. Representative for California's 11th District (San Francisco); author, "The Art of Power: My Story as America's First Woman House Speaker"

Sponsored

lower waypoint
next waypoint